Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Buy Gifts At The Dollar Store And Not Look Like A Cheapskate

I will say it over, over, and over again...never buy a primary gift at the dollar store! Because I recommend giving in 3's to create a theme, I highly suggest that you find one central gift, albiet on the clearance rack, from your favorite local discount department store and build your theme around that central (or primary) gift. This is where the Dollar Store can come in handy and save you a lot of money! Here are some tips that can help you on your gift giving quest this year.


Instructions


1. Gifts for Women


Good choices include bath and beauty accessories including manicure kits, loofah sponges, or travel kits. Choose these types of items to compliment a gift of a casual robe, fuzzy slippers or relaxion CD. Bath and body lotions from the Dollar Store, unless they are name brand, are not high on my list. They tend to smell funny, appear to be watered down, and just don't make the Gift Therapist's cut for something I would give.


2. For the Guys


I am always amazed by how many options the Dollar Store has for guys...especially if they like to get their hands dirty. They have absolutely everything you need to make a great "Care Care" or "Handy Man" basket. From small tools, flashlights, and car care potions, the guys really have it made. I tend to avoid the personal care items all together for the guys, uless of course I see a brand that I have confidence in.


3. For the Kiddies


From penny candy, coloring books, craft supplies to jigsaw puzzles, the Dollar Store is loaded with options for stocking stuffers and small gift items for the little ones. Always check the labels on some of the larger toys as they may contain lead paint..EWW! As a rule of thumb, if the child tries to eat everything in site, as a precaution, skip the toy section all together!


4. For more free gift giving tips and advice, please visit me online!